Applications for Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars 2015-2016 school year is now open.
Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars awards $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors from the six Fargo High Schools. The funds are provided through dollars raised in Fargo by people who believe in the importance of continuing your education. All applicants must complete the online application for the Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars scholarship.
For students graduating from a Fargo, ND High School (Davies, Fargo North, Fargo South, Oak Grove, Shanley, or Woodrow Wilson), you may now begin the application process for the 2015-2016 school year. You must be planning to graduate from high school in May 2016.
Application deadline is March 31, 2016.
Instructions to complete the Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars online application.
Two different scholarships are available through this website: The Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars scholarship and the Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars Career and Technical Education Scholarship. All applicants must complete the online application.
Step 1. To begin go to http://fargo.dollarsforscholars.org/index.php?section=chapterWebsite&action=student_parent&fwID=863 click on the students and parents login button. Create a new account click on Don't Have an Account Create One Here link. It is important to remember what email you use to create your account and your password. You will be directed to the My Information dash board.
Step 2. Complete the "My Information" section, the following tabs will be listed: (Note: GPA, Test Scores, Activities, Awards, Employment, Essays, and References/Transcripts, sections will be scored)
- Basic Info
- Additional Info (Only the demographic information needs to be completed)
- Class Rank (Not required, select no as your answer)
- Test Scores (Only the ACT/SAT scores need to be entered)
- Employment (List any employment you have had)
- Documents (Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars does not require any other documents to be attached)
- *Parent/Guardian Info (A parent must grant consent if you are under the age of 18)
- Financial Info (Not required)
- References/Transcripts (Make sure that these have been requested and submitted)
*To complete parent information, click request information from parent and enter their email address
Once you have completed the above sections, follow step 3 instructions below to apply for the Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars Scholarship and/or Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars Career and Technical Education Scholarship scholarships.
Step 3. Click My Scholarships you should see the Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars Scholarship and/or Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars Career and Technical Education Scholarship.
- Select the scholarship you are applying for and submit application. You will receive a prompt that says "once you submit your application you can no longer edit additional information..." You are able to update your application after you submit. However, every time you make a change make sure you use the save button in the section(s) you are making changes. This will update the application in the Scholarship America system.
- To ensure that your application is complete, log back in to your account.
If you have any questions about the application please visit your school counselor, or you may contact the Fargo Public Schools Development Foundation office at 701.446.1041 or by email at email@example.com.